What is Aadhaar?
Aadhaar is a 12 digit individual identification number issued by the Unique Identification Authority of India on behalf of the Government of India.
This number will serve as a proof of identity and address, anywhere in India.
Any individual, irrespective of age and gender, who is a resident in India and satisfies the verification process laid down by the UIDAI can enrol for Aadhaar.
Each individual needs to enroll only once which is free of cost.
Each Aadhaar number will be unique to an individual and will remain valid for life. Aadhaar number will help you provide access to services like banking, mobile phone connections and other Govt and Non-Govt services in due course.
How to Enroll
- Aadhaar enrolment is free.
- You can go to any authorized Aadhaar enrollment center anywhere in India with your identity and address proof.
- UIDAI process accepts 18 PoI (Proof of Identity) and 33 PoA (Proof of Address) documents. Common proofs of identity and address are election photo ID card, Ration card, passport and driving license.
- Photo ID cards like PAN card and Govt ID cards are permissible for identity proof. Address proof documents also include water – electricity – telephone bills from the last three months.
- In case you do not have above common proofs, Certificate of Identify having photo issued by Gazetted Officer/Tahsildar on letterhead is also accepted as PoI. Certificate of Address having photo issued by MP or MLA /Gazetted Officer/Tahsildar on letterhead or by Village Panchayat head or its equivalent authority (for rural areas) is accepted as valid PoA.
- Even if someone in a family does not have individual valid documents, the resident can still enrol if his/her name exists in family entitlement document. In this case the Head of Family in entitlement document needs to be enrolled first with valid PoI & PoA document. The head of the household can then introduce other members in the family while they are enrolling. UIDAI accepts 8 document types as Proof of Relationship.
- Where there are no documents available, resident may also take the help of Introducers available at the enrolment centre. The Introducers are notified by the Registrar. For further details please contact office of the concerned Registrar.
- At the enrollment center, please fill your personal details within the form. Your photo, finger-prints and iris scan will also be taken as a part of the enrollment. You can review the details you have provided and make corrections during enrolment itself. You will get an acknowledgment slip with an temporary enrolment number and other details captured during enrolment
- You need to enrol only once. Enrolling again is a waste of your time as you will get only one Aadhaar number.
- Based on your information provided, your details will be verified centrally. If your application is successful, an Aadhaar number will be generated and mailed to your address.
- The waiting time for Aadhaar may vary from 60-90 days after receipt of resident data packets in CIDR. However, it could take even longer in case enrolment is done through NPR exercise.
Where To Enroll?
Enrolment Centres where you can enrol for Aadhaar (Near Villupuram)
Enrol For both Tamilnadu & Ponciherry Citizens
48A, TVR Sons Complex, Near SBI ATM,
Villupuram-Pondy Main Road,
Villupuram-Pondy Main Road,
Contact No. 0413-2640006
For Further Reference. Please Click Here (Aadhar Official Website)
Sources Get Form Aadhar Official Website. Thanks to Aadhar Official Website